Atleast 20 Indian citizens have been killed during the Saudi-led air strikes at Yemeni port on Tuesday. More foreign troops were seen arriving to intensify the campaign against Houthi forces. The news agency Saba in the state of Houthi said that 15 citizens were executed in air strikes on Sanaa and as per the reports provided by medical agencies, 15 civilians were killed in similar attacks on Monday. However exact figures were unable to be calculated individually. The combat mainly comprising of Gulf Arab countries has intensified the air strikes on Saana and other parts of the country from Friday when a Houthi missile attack killed at least 60 Saudi, Bahraini and United Arab Emirates soldiers at a military camp east of Sanaa.
The attack that was made on Friday was the most dreadful one for the soldiers of the Gulf in the war and this may be a turning point as Saudi-allied countries appear to be committing to a ground war they had so far avoided. Local residents and fishermen in Western Yemen claimed that planes from the Saudi-led alliance struck two boats at al-Khokha, a small port near Hodeidah used by Indians to smuggle badly needed fuel supplies into the country, killing 20 of them. According to reports from Al Jazeera TV, the number of forces in the alliance has increased to 10,000. However, Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi on Tuesday night said that they have no clue about the Indians being killed in the war.
238 total views, 1 views today