Actress Sasirekha’s Headless Body Recovered in Chennai,

Sharing is caring!

Chennai:  A month after the headless body of a woman was found in a garbage yard in Chennai, the police have identified it as the body of a television actor Sasirekha.

Police were unable to trace the identity of the body even after ?fingerprint search and Aadhar cross checking for missing person in Tamil Nadu.

Sasirekha, 36, was allegedly murdered by her 34-year-old husband Ramesh and his girlfriend Lawkiiyaa, an actress and his business associate.

The break in the investigation occurred when the police looked into a complaint by Sasirekha, a film actress who accused her husband Ramesh Shankar of kidnapping her son and forcing her to act in short films and cheating her of lakhs of rupees. She lodged a complaint last year seeking action against  Shankar after which she went missing.

Ramesh Shankar went incognito until the cops nabbed him from an apartment near Sholinganallur. There was another woman with him, Lawkiya, during that period whom he introduced as his sister.

The two have been arrested and a case has been filed against them for murder, conspiracy and destruction of evidence. During questioning Ramesh and Lawkiiyaa told the police they killed Sasirekha and dumped the dismembered body in two places.

The police started investigating the case after Sasirekha’s parents filed a complaint.


Ramesh’s first wife and parents had committed suicide after he suffered huge losses in business. He switched to acting and started providing opportunities to aspiring actors.

Investigators say Ramesh and Lawkiiyaa had been living together since 2012. He projected Lawkiiyaa as an actor of his upcoming movie and cheated many people – collecting huge sums of money by promising them a role in his movies.

He then met Sasirekha, who had an eight-year-old child. They got married in August 2015.

The trouble started when he left Sasirekha and moved in again with 24-year-old Lawkiiyaa.

Sasirekha filed a complaint with the police against Ramesh for allegedly kidnapping her son. The police, however, found the complaint to be false.


818 total views, 1 views today