German football match cancelled due to bomb threat

Sharing is caring!

An international football match was called off by German Police as there was a bomb threat on Tuesday that was meant as a “symbol of freedom” after the Paris attacks and was to be attended by Chancellor Angela Merkel.No explosives had been found so far and thousands of fans evacuated, said Lower Saxony state interior minister Boris Pistorius.

But Hanover city police chief Volker Kluwe said “We received a serious indication that a bomb attack was planned inside the stadium tonight,” he told public broadcaster ARD.
The German team was playing France in Paris last Friday when the Stade de France was rocked by three blasts triggered by jihadist suicide bombers outside the venue.

17 total views, 1 views today