Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani took his plan to push Jio a notch up by announcing free voice, data and video for new and existing users till March 31, 2017, under the Jio Happy New Year offer.
“Starting 4 December, every new Jio user and existing customers will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications absolutely free till March 31,” he said in a special broadcast.
Here’s what he said:
Starting December 4, 2016, Free jio offer extended till March 31, 2017. Every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications free till March 31, 2017. All existing customers will also be covered under new Jio happy new year offer.
Happy to inform Jio now fully supports Mobile Numer Portability (MNP). All customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio. This is being progressively launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by December 31, 2016.
Starting December 5, Jio Money Merchant Solution will be launched. Digital transactions of all types for small shopkeepers and customers will be supported with this services. Customers can pay from bank accounts. Jio targets 10 million shopkeepers spread across 17000 town and 4 lakh villages in next few weeks.
Here are the live updates on Reliance Jio announcements by Mukesh Ambani:
1) Recently-introduced home delivery of Jio SIMs. Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through e-KYC. Jio also plans to double e-kyc outlets in India from currently 2 lakhs to 4 lakhs by March 2017.
2) In the last 3 months, nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio to the networks of our 3 largest competitors were blocked.
3) Jio fastest growing tech company in the world. Jio grown faster than facebook and watsapp. Thanks for making India into the list of top 10 digital country in the world.
4) Jio signed up 6 lakh customers every single day in past 3 months. Jio crossed 50 million customers (52 million)
5) Only 8% towers experienced congestion. 92% towers experiencing high data speed. Company working to decongest 8% towers
6) While 80% customer are happy, only 20% user creating bad experience for other.
7) Over the past months, the call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20% as of yesterday.
8) While customers have shown unprecedented love for Jio, we have not received the required support from existing operators
9) Benefits of Jio’s superior technology have been denied to customers due to anti-competitive behaviour of incumbent operators
10) I want to reiterate that Jio is committed to ensuring that all domestic voice calls by Jio customers will be free for ever
11) The Jio Welcome Offer was a testament to this philosophy of putting customer first
12) I believe that common people will be the biggest beneficiaries of this change
13) Digitally-enabling transactions will boost economic growth, while bringing unprecedented transparency and accountability
1,336 total views, 1 views today