Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ halts Shoot Over Death Threats, Taken Home By Mumbai Police

Sharing is caring!

Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ halts Shoot Over Death Threats, Taken Home By Mumbai Police

 

 

A few days after Bollywood actor Salman Khan received death threats, his manager and police have dismissed reports that shooting of his film Race 3 was stalled and that the actor was escorted home after armed men were spotted at the shoot location.

Rajasthan gangster Lawrence Bishnoi threatened to kill Race 3 actor Salman Khan in Jodhpur where the actor had gone for the hearing of his blackbuck poaching case. “Salman Khan will be killed here, in Jodhpur…Then he will come to know about our real identity,” Bishnoi said while being taken to a Jodhpur court amidst heavy police security. Though Salman returned to Mumbai and resumed the shoot of his next, Race 3 with Jacqueline Fernandez, the threats continued. On Wednesday, the shoot of Race 3 was stopped by Mumbai police and Salman was taken to his home in Bandra.

On Thursday, a Mumbai Mirror report said police arrived at the Race 3 set in Film City after armed men were spotted there. The report said cops asked Salman and producer Ramesh Taurani to stop the shoot and later escorted the actor home.

A senior police officer said, “We are taking Bishnoi’s threat seriously but we have assured Salman that he will receive maximum police protection. We are also investigating the motive behind Bishnoi’s threat to Salman.”

Confirming the news of threats, Salman’s father Salim Khan said, “While I don’t know the exact details about when he left the sets, I do know that there were some threats. But Salman has a good team of security personnel. This is not the first time that he is getting such threats. In this industry, people keep getting such threats a lot.”

When the former actor and screenwriter was asked if they have planned to take legal action against the gangster, he replied, “The only action we are taking is to make sure that Salman is safe. He is going to the shoots normally right now.”

The gangster Lawrence Bishnoi had announced last week that the actor “would be killed in Jodhpur”. The threat has been linked to the 1998 black buck hunting case in which the actor and his co-stars are accused. The case was filed by the Bishnoi community, which worships deer and is passionately protective about the animals.

Bishoi is a notorious gangster and has been charged in over 20 cases of attempt to murder, carjacking, extortion, snatching and under the Arms Act in Punjab-Haryana belt.

1,332 total views, 7 views today